Day 1 in Chile

So after 25 hours of traveling, I finally arrived at my hostel at about 7:30 this morning. Since I was so tired, I decided to let myself sleep until 10:30 before going to explore the city. I walked for about 2 hours and bought a couple of groceries so that I could make myself lunch.

Later in the day, I decided to try to find a real grocery store. I got directions and started walking and found a giant outdoor market instead. To be honest, I really wanted to go to the grocery store to find peanut butter, but the market was so enthralling that I decided to shop there instead.

I'm sorry this is blurry but it's just too good!
This is the giant market that I stumbled upon.
I guess I'll just have to go back for another photo!
After picking up 5 apples, 3 giant bundles of lettuce and some bananas for less than 3 dollars, I decided that would get me through the next couple of days.

To be honest, not knowing Spanish is a real struggle. People have been really nice in helping me communicate but it is definitely a barrier. Luckily, there is an English speaking couple staying in the hostel that speaks both English and Spanish so they have been helping me quite a bit.

Tomorrow I'll be going on a tour and then hopefully on a hike to see a panoramic view of the city. 

Adios!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Things

What you didn't know about nursing school

Whining While Working Out